Pakistan Medical and Dental Council PMDC announced Final Admission Regulations for MBBS and BDS 2020. In FSc pre-medical, the minimum admission requirements for the MBBS program are set as 65 percent marks. To be eligible for admission to Medical College, students would have to score a minimum of 33 percent marks in MDCAT.
You will find the final Pakistan Medical & Dental Council Admission Regulations 2020 document for MBBS and BDS admissions in government and private medical & dental schools here.
Table of Contents
PMDC Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admissions 2020
- The student must have passed with a minimum of 65 % marks, in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (pre-medical) or an equivalent examination with a minimum of twelve years of education OR
- He must have passed, obtaining minimum sixty-five percent marks in aggregate in, an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the inter-boards Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- Foreign, dual-national or overseas Pakistani students wishing to take MBBS or BOS courses against open merit or international quota seats in any public or private institution in Pakistan must have completed at least sixty-five percent marks in aggregate, examined in at least three courses by a foreign university or its examination body or education system.
- Equivalence by IBCC under sub-regulations (l) and (2) shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible to take the admission test for MBBS or BOS course with any study group irrespective of the recommendations of the IBCC;
- Pakistani students having passed from foreign education system (i.e levels, A levels, etc) in Pakistan shall not be eligible for foreign quota seats;
- Without prejudice to any other eligibility criteria under these regulations, a foreign or overseas Pakistani student desirous of taking admission to MBBS and BOS course against open merit or foreign quota or self-finance seats in any public or private institution of Pakistan shall have to meet the following additional eligibility criteria, namely:
- The candidate must pass English language proficiency test e.g. valid TOEFL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 or have a certification by National University of Modem Languages (NUML) after one-year English language course, where the medium of instructions for obtaining required academic qualifications for admission test is not English;
- Candidates having foreign or overseas Pakistani students and qualified from abroad may also apply if they have passed a foreign SAT II examination with a minimum of 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e biology, chemistry, and either physics or mathematics or MCAT with a minimum score of 500.
PMDC Merit Formula for MBBS
The respective admitting university shall prepare a merit list by a weightage formula as under:-
- SSC / Matriculation/Equivalent (10%)
- F.Sc (Pre Medical)/ HSSC/ Equivalent. (40%); and
- Admission test (50%).
You can also calculate your merit online: MBBS Merit Calculator 2020
Provided that no candidate shall be considered eligible on merit if the student has not acquired a minimum of 33% marks in the Admission Test and the minimum qualification standards set down under Regulation 7.
MBBS MDCAT 2020 Pattern
The total number of Multiple Choice Questions for the MDCATor Entry Test in all the Provinces and Regions will be 200, each having 4 (four) options. a. The breakup of 200 MCQs shall be as under:
- Biology 80
- Chemistry 60
- Physics 40
- English 20
Difficulty Index for each subject shall be as under:
- Very Easy: 15%
- Easy: 15% 111.
- Moderate: 40%
- Hard: 20%
- Very Hard: 10%
The time Duration to attempt the whole paper shall be 150 minutes (2 Hrs 30 Min).
Note: Each question shall carry 01 (one) mark with NO negative mark