The Punjab Medical Commission held its first meeting on Friday 2nd October 2020. According to the Press release, the National MDCAT single exam will be held in the 2nd Week of November 2020.
NUMS is appointed as the examination providing entity on basis of common FSc Syllabus of all provinces in Pakistan. Students can use the syllabus already announced by NUMS for their entrance exam. The exact date of the MDCAT will be announced within a week, after finalizing all the logistics.
Some Administrative changes, admission policy, and Fee structure were also discussed in the meeting.
- Dr. Shaista Zeeshan is appointed as Secretary to the council on 60-day contract or till such time as the permanent secretary is appointed through a competitive process.
- Mr. Raza Shah is appointed as the director IT on a 60-day contract or till such time as the permanent secretary is appointed through a competitive process.
- Formation of following committees of the Council:
- Human Resource and Administration Committee
- Finance Committee
- Examination Committee
- Legal and Regulatory Committee
- Transparent and Merit-Based process for the appointment of members under Sec.15 PMC Act 2020 to be initiated immediately through the Human Resource Committee and to completed within 45 days.
Some Other decisions related to Examinations and fee structure were also made.
Examinations and Admissions