Friday, 23rd April 2021 (Islamabad): A NCC meeting chaired by PM Imran Khan was held today in Islamabad to review the COVID-19 situation in the country. After the NCC meeting, PM Imran Khan, Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar addressed nation. PM Khan has urged the people to follow coronavirus SOPs.
In addition to that new restrictions announced. Federal Minister Asad Umar said that schools and college in cities with positivity ratio over 5% will stay closed till Eid. The schools for classes 1 to 8 are already closed. But the academic institutions for classes 9 to12 will also be closed in districts with positivity ratio higher than 5%.
Imran Khan emphasised on the need to wear a mask at all times. The premier said help will be taken from the Pakistan Army to implement coronavirus SOPs. “Barely anyone is following SOPs anymore,” he said, adding that if we are not careful, the situation in Pakistan will be similar to that of India in the next one or two weeks.
Important decisions taken in NCC meeting
- Schools in cities with positivity rates above 5% closed until Eid, including classes 9-12
- Markets to stay open till 6pm. Only essential businesses can operate after 6pm. A list of essential business will be issued.
- Outdoor and indoor dining banned until Eid. Takeaway and deliveries will be allowed.
- Indoor gyms to be closed.
- Offices capacity at 50% and are to be closed daily at 2pm.
- Eid shopping will not be possible after iftar.
- 50% work from home policy to be implemented in offices.
The NCC is an apex body headed by the prime minister. All the chief ministers, federal ministers and other key officials are members of it